Mr. David Booth, CET, brings relevant, practical experience to Booth, Hellums and Associates, LLC. He has been a certified water/wastewater operator for over 25 years. Among other credentials, he holds a Class VI Wastewater Treatment Certification. He was formerly Superintendent of Wastewater for the City of Sulphur, Louisiana, and was responsible for the water and wastewater systems for the City of Westlake. He has successfully owned and operated a water and wastewater utility in the Lake Charles area since 1994.
Mr. Booth has expertly planned and executed operator training for utility personnel on numerous occasions. He has also been instrumental in planning and conducting other environmental training sessions including: hazardous waste training, water compliance activities, general environmental awareness training and other site-specific training activities. He has proven experience and success with both large and small group training venues. He is an approved wastewater training instructor for California State University at Sacramento.
Throughout his career, Mr. Booth has been recognized for his outstanding performance and achievements including the “Man of the Year” Award from the Louisiana Mid-Continent Oil and Gas Association for leadership, innovation and overall effort in getting state to change to a Risk Based Rule Philosophy for remediation projects. His efforts included negotiating concepts with state, funding/implementing training for LDEQ staff and initiating pilot programs for soil contamination (saving Citgo $10 million).
- Peak Environmental Services, Lake Charles, LA (1994 â€“ 2002) Manager/Senior Environmental Consultant
- CITGO Petroleum Corporation, Lake Charles, LA (1995 â€“ 2001) Manager of Environmental Services, Manager of Permitting, Major Projects
- Woodward-Clyde Consultants, Lake Charles, LA (1991 â€“ 1994) Senior Environmental Scientist/Office Manager
- Vista Chemical Company, Lake Charles, LA (1989 â€“ 1991) Senior Environmental Coordinator
- Olin Corporation, Lake Charles, LA (1980 â€“ 1989) Senior Environmental Specialist
- City of Sulphur, LA (1978 â€“ 1980) Superintendent of Wastewater
- Alpha Chemical Company (1977 â€“ 1978) Technical Director/Chemist
- Town of Westlake, LA (1976 â€“ 1977) System Operator/Technician
Education and Certifications:
- McNeese State University: B.S. Biology (Cum Laude) 1976, M.S. Environmental Science, 1981
- Certified in Water and Wastewater Treatment Operations by Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, 1989
- Qualified Environmental Professional, 1996